Monday, March 4, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend was pure gold. a time to, as my friends like to say, lady out (instead of you bro out, you see). tina and i met up for a day of brunch and shopping, which we kicked off with a bottle of champagne and donuts. and as we lingered near the end of brunch we thought - well, why not order dessert, too. dessert at brunch! how glorious! besides this little adventure, the rest of my weekend was decidedly low-key: painting my nails, going to the gym, watching old law and order: svu episodes. i've been slowly but surely making my way through the all the seasons (there are 14 on hulu, it's going to take some time), and so far my favorite episode was the one about the danger of internet chatrooms. it included the iconic line, "don, two years ago i didn't know my ass from windows 95", and the episode ended with the warning that "there are 3.4 million ANONYMOUS users in a chatroom at any given time". oh law and order. so sweet, so naive.
and now here we are. back at monday. but i can feel spring starting to make it's way to us (disregarding the snow forecast on wednesday) and i can't wait. so yes, it's monday, but let's hope it's a little warmer in all of our corners of the world. see you soon spring!

17 comments:

  1. Love! Your Saturday really does sound like perfection.

    I was super into SVU a few years ago. Love that show. And once, in Cape Cod two summers ago, we saw Detective Stabler at lunch in Chatham! Star struck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man - so jealous you got to see detective stabler!

      Delete
  2. Law & Order SVU is my favorite show of all time. ALL TIME. There are still new episodes on every week, btw. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but I figured - lets take it old school. back to the days of Internet chatrooms!!!

      Delete
    2. You can't go wrong with classic Benson & Stabler. And Internet chatrooms.

      Delete
    3. haha - no, you sure can't!

      Delete
  3. Donuts. Champagne. Dessert. Sounds like the best brunch EVER. I'm going to have to inject more "lady-ing out" into my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uh yes. it's a must. also we need to meet up sometime. perhaps we can lady out together, hmmm?

      Delete
  4. Champagne again? Oh Colleen, when are we going to have a life swap?! Ah yes, and the joys of law and order. No matter where we are in the house (on the loo, in the garden, cooking dinner, in the shower), if one of us hears the theme tune, we have to sing along to it on the top of our voices (well there is no singing involved but you know the song I mean). I am sure it drives the neighbours nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh that made me laugh so hard! but admittedly, that theme song is irresistible.

      Delete
  5. Glad to have found your blog via BigMarioLife. Love your style and voice. Will keep reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much lady - that is so kind to say!

      Delete
  6. I bet that SVU episode was so tech-forward at the time, too. Now it's just dated.

    Also, doughnuts and champagne sounds like the best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - and probably freaked out parents all across America.

      Delete
  7. you know how to do a weekend right! brunch AND dessert?! let's put that on the list of things to do when i come up and visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brunch and dessert?! Sounds like my kinda day! hehehehe. Looks like you had a pretty good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...