Monday, April 1, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

ahh, another easter weekend done. while i've always enjoyed easter weekend, i wasn't until i got a little older that i started to appreciate it more. maybe it's because the easter holiday is one of the few i go home for, leaving the celebration planning up to me and my friends, maybe it's because easter falls near the time of year where the mornings are newly crisp and fresh, maybe it's the focus on renewal and new beginnings. or maybe this year it's because of the bacon jam on my breakfast sandwich (yes, it was everything it sounds like and more). either way, it's been a weekend i look forward to quite a bit every year. i hope you had a wonderful weekend, no matter what you may celebrate and - yes - that bacon jam recipe will be featured later this week. happy easter - enjoy a reese's egg while you still can!

13 comments:

  1. I am little jealous of this Easter set up. I don't really do Easter, but I may start...these pictures are making me hungry. I love the shirt combo and pose at the brunch table, too! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon jam?! I cannot wait :) Looks like you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just as well that I have just eaten because the thought of bacon jam would make me drool! Sounds like the perfect Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter spread looks delicious! And I love the smile on your face! I'm interested to read more about your bacon jam! I've never heard of that before but it sounds like it must be delicious. Pretty, pretty tulips, too! That reminds me I need to get some for our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they were a little bit of an impulse purchase at the farmers market but so necessary.

      Delete
  5. BACON JAM AND RE-BIRTHDAY CAKE?

    I want Easter with you next year.

    (Also, that picture is the exact memory I have of when I met you for the very first time. "NANNERBURNS!!!!!" Classic Colleen!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - that is my nannerburns face!

      Delete
  6. I love that picture of you. I'd feel the same way in front of all that brunchy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww cute photos, your easter looked YUMMY. and bacon jam?!? i have never in my wildest dreams heard of that, yet i'm slightly...intrigued

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful!! I love me some family time! And yes we must hear more about this bacon jam, sounds magical!! :) Hope you're having a great week my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness that breakfast sandwich looks so yummy! can't wait to see the bacon jam recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic Easter brunch! I love your excited face!

    Also, gimme that bacon jam. MMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...