Monday, April 15, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend brian's sister and her husband came to town, and it also happened to be our four-year anniversary. while we usually go out to dinner (and will get around to that eventually), it was quite fun to spend the day with close friends. i've always enjoyed celebrating our anniversary, but this year it felt a little more special. now i know that first time i said something to him, his text message asking me to dinner, our awkward first date where i ordered wine and he ordered coke and i asked him a million questions, that first date where we ended up talking until 4 in the morning - that was just me getting to know my husband. and my husband getting to know me. i know we will have many more years together - spending this one with some of the wonderful people whose love and support helped get us to this point seemed fitting, to say the least. here's to four more years.

11 comments:

  1. Your joy is infectious Colleen and I feel so excited for you (even though I have never even met you)! You make a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Meghan - you're too sweet!

      Delete
  2. Love this :) happy 4 years to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Laura! think it's goig to be a good fourth year :)

      Delete
  3. Happy 4 years. That's fantastic! To many more years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Brian ordered a coke! Hilarious. Congrats on 4 years. So looking forward to hearing more about your love story as your wedding approaches (was that a hint?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're good! it was indeed :)

      Delete
  5. YAY! Four years. So exciting. Justin and I's one year is just around the corner... eck! Fabulous post, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on four years! We celebrated our fourth in January!!! (www.blairsays.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved hearing a little bit about your first date! One of the first times Caleb and I spent time together when we were testing out something more than friendship (we have known each other for forever!), we stayed up until 3 AM just talking. I remember feeling like I could talk to him forever-the best way to feel!

    That picture of you + Brian is one of my favorites! You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...