Monday, April 29, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

the blog has been a little quiet lately. and if all i do is post an update on my weekend every week, that's not enough. between work and planning the wedding, by the time i get home most days my brain is done. but still - i miss blogging, i miss writing, i miss talking to you guys. so some posts here and there may not be the most creative, or meaningful. they may be a bit rambley, and the recipes may be really simple, but i miss talking to you guys. so this week i plan on blogging more - i already have a couple of posts ready to go. and they may not knock your socks off, but it's getting warmer every day - who need socks ;)
***
this weekend was low-key - time spent at the gym, making breakfast every morning, getting my hair cut. one night out at a favorite restaurant (the hurricane club, always a blast). brian is studying for a test he's taking in a few weeks, giving me a lot of time on my own. this usually leads to walks around a sunny city and pressuring myself into cleaning my apartment. on that - my lease renewal came in the mail and i'm not renewing my lease. over four years in the same tiny apartment that i love so very much is coming to an end. as is my time living by myself. i'm incredibly sad and incredibly excited. i do know this though: that shoe museum is coming with me, come hell or high water.

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about struggling to find the time to blog, although I am posting stuff, I am not dropping by to say hello often enough. It sucks because I really miss everyone. I think I am also going to spend the week getting back into it. So excited for all your plans – marriage, moving, growing the shoe museum! Also, have to mention how much I love that blazer of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! I'm hoping to do a little post this week on how much I love the menswear trend (fingers crossed, of course)

      Delete
  2. Exciting things going on for you! Your weekend sounds awesome - I really need one of those. I can relate to your thoughts on blogging. It is really hard to make time for it sometimes. If it makes you feel any better, I feel like your weekend recaps are not just simply pictures and what you did that weekend. You have been sharing a little bit more about yourself and life in those posts, which I think counts for something! I surely enjoy reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that does :) i try to have them not be a photo dump, you know? especially since i interact with so many of my readers (like you!) on instagram (which is where those pics come from). i guess sharing some of my more personal thoughts for my blog is a good thing for sure.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Laura - your weekend posts are some of my favorites because you have been sharing more personal stuff, and it's fun to learn things about you (+Brian!). How weird+exciting to not be renewing your lease! I always have a hard time when a specific phase of my life ends, even if it means something great is going to start in its place. A little part of me was sad when we got married because it meant I had to share a room... I like my own space and had never shared a room (except for my freshman year in college in the dorm - whomp whomp). But I've gotten used to it now and hate when Caleb isn't there :)

    Also, that picture of you is so beautiful! You are a pretty lady Colleen and I hope Brian knows how lucky he is to have you!! And a post on the menswear trend would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay - i'm glad you feel the same as laura! that they're not just a throwaway post or what have you.

      you and i are totally alike about the sharing the room thing! if my lease would let me or i could afford short term rentals (a joke in this city) i'd move in the day we got married so i could savor this part of my life a little bit more. but it's good to hear you got used to it so quickly and it's your new normal :) i have a feeling it will be for me, too.

      and thank you so much for that sweet comment!!! you are too nice to me lady, way too nice. and look for that post tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Oh man I remember that pre-wedding time! So fun!! So much to do and look forward to! Soak it up because it's a very special time and it will go by fast. It's always terribly exciting to start building a life together as a couple! Also, your outfit???? Absolute perfection! I love, love, love that jacket! But your smile is the best part :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots going on! I think we all understand your lack of blogging (and miss you too!). It's something enjoyable but when push comes to shove and time/energy is in short supply, it's not mandatory, so it gets cut. Good luck getting on a good schedule. I always love hearing about your happenings about town!

    I'm not renewing my lease either! It's weird to give up that independence but also exciting to dive into this new chapter with a new "roommate". If you have any tips, I am all ears!! I hope Brian has a prominent location for that shoe museum picked out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...