Monday, May 13, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend was probably the friendliest weekend i've ever had in new york city. wearing my college sweatshirt on the way to and from workouts, i had two separate people spark conversations with me (one who went to school nearby and a fellow alum), and as i was leaving my building yesterday a neighbor started talking to me, with the conversation lasting a few blocks. i mean, it was crazy people! so much friendliness, which i'm assuming is a product of the weather, does not always come easy in new york. although now i do feel like i used up all of my friendly encounters for the year. it's probably just scowls and curse words muttered under one's breath from here on out. oh well. besides all of the good vibrations this weekend, i also ran a 10K (and beat my time by three minutes from last year!), brian and i hosted a party at his apartment, and we enjoyed the weather with a long walk around brooklyn. not too shabby if you ask me. (oh, and i ate all this delicious stuff below, with a recipe coming for you tomorrow!)

9 comments:

  1. Is that waffles and fried chicken? Please, oh please, say that it is??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is! (and yes, it was delicious).

      Delete
  2. Get it girl with your awesome 10K time! Three minutes is HUGE! Oh, and you should know I've been CRAVING chicken and waffles since I saw that Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank lady - not gonna lie i was pretty pumped about the three minutes :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good weekend to me! I love random conversations with people I don't know. It makes me believe there's more good in the world than I usually think there is. And YUM to that food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! it was just like friendly strangers, everywhere. loved it.

      Delete
  4. UMMM. Did you make that chicken and waffles plate or brunch it up at some swanky spot in the city.

    Also, is your recipe tomorrow for chicken and waffles? (or did you already once do a recipe for chicken and waffles?).

    Hope you've already done one OR tomorrow's the day. Love me some of THAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately...i am posting the fish recipe (the fish is on the right). i realize this a great disappointment. feel free to skip that post.

      Delete
  5. Woohoo! Sounds like an awesome weekend my dear!! Good for you! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...