Monday, May 20, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

oh new york, new york. it can be a strange place this town. and sometimes that leads to good times, and sometimes that leads to bad times. saturday, for me, was new york at it's finest and at it's worst. when i was walking home in the afternoon i happened to pass the anchorman 2 set. and so i walk along, minding my own business, when will ferrel runs past me, filming a scene. or perhaps i should say ron burgundy ran past me as he was all dressed up for the part. the most wonderful thing about movies (or sets) like that one is that they totally transform the street. on fifth avenue it was 2013 and on broadway it was 1973. all the taxis and costumes and handlebar mustaches - it's always a trip. a strange, but fun, trip.
then, later that night, at a club for a friend's bachelorette party, i bumped into one of the managers. he proceeded, in a coke-fueled rage, to scream in my face about shoving him and then, AND THEN, got a bouncer to throw me out of the club! i was dying - dying - of laughter over this. little old me, sipping on a small glass of champagne, sober as a skunk, thrown out of a club. i mean, truth be told, i really felt like such a badass - thrown out of a big time club in nyc, that's living y'all! however, my bad-assness was quite short-lived - after waiting outside for a few minutes the bouncer snuck me back in, thoroughly convinced that i was probably the least of that club's problems (and from what i saw in there, i most definitely was). it was all very scandalous, and i loved it, except for the part where i was screamed at. have you ever had a strange man scream in your face? it doesn't make for the best night. and that's new york - it's filled with some very strange, very angry people, who do love a good power trip. and that just makes it a drag some times.
but, let's end this post on a good note. it gets better than those two stories.
often when i'm out and about on the town, particularly for a party, i like to seize opportunities that come my way. if someone asks me to do something the answer is almost always yes. i mean - if they're asking me to stroll down a dark alley with them it's probably not going to happen - but i try to be game for what comes my way. so, on the way to the club, whilst hailing down a taxi, a limo stopped. usually in new york town cars or private sedans will also try to stop and pick you up but they cost a ridiculous amount of money so you shoo them on their way. but a limo? sure - i was game. the driver said ten bucks a lady and i said you've got a deal. and that's how we took a random limo to the club, where we blasted eminem's "real slim shady" (as it's what came on the radio), like the ballers we are (or in my case, like the badass i am). because what cool, hip, young woman doesn't listen to eminem's "real slim shady" on her way out for the night?
oh, new york. stay strange. stay wonderful. 

8 comments:

  1. Well this made my night. I loved it all (minus the in yo face yelling) but ESPECIALLY the real slim shady. GOLD!!!!

    Also, telling Zanner right now about Ron Burgandy. We watched that movie a hundred time probably the summer we started dating. Too good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't wait to see part 2! it's sill humor but i love it.

      Delete
  2. Ha! Colleen got thrown out of a club! So so funny. And I really wish I was in that limo ride with you! I love your philosophy on saying "yes" to most opportunities. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes - it was so fun. i'm sure if you were there you'd have danced along to slim shady with the best of them!

      Delete
  3. STOP. YOU got thrown out of a club?! I'm dying, that's hysterical. Oh man. The only time I got kicked out of a club was when my friend got so drunk she fell down everywhere, and they kicked me out by proxy. Sad day :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that red dress, love the stories (except the bouncer. RUDE.), and LOVELOVELOVE that you ran into Will Ferrell as Ron Burgandy!!!! That's amazing!!

    Whenever I go to New York I hope and wish to run into a famous person - for awhile the best I got was Jill Zarin from Real Housewives BUT THEN I ate brunch next to Amy Poehler and diiiiieeeeeddddd. NYC in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of you getting kicked out of a club! Badass for sure! (especially the part where you snuck back in) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, I always knew you were a badass but now it is confirmed. Brushing shoulders with Ron Burgandy and getting kicked out of a club all in the same day. When, oh when, are we going to do a life swap??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...