Monday, June 24, 2013

on all the weekends and all the pictures.

you guys! i'm alive, i'm alive! this month has been a hectic one - brian studying and passing (!) his big test, and my move to brooklyn. i purposely meant to take the month off from blogging, but i probably should have said something. so here's a little check-in for you on how the summer is going so far...
***
my parents came to visit (twice!) we picked out my veil and everyone pretended they were cool, calm and collected. i also went down to nashville to visit a good friend's new baby with some other gal pals. i had my most favorite breakfast in the world, enjoyed the hot weather, and enjoyed the wee baby. it was a very wonderful and special trip. nashville, i love you!
***
we celebrated brian's birthday for a hot minute before he went back to studying, and i made up for it by taking him on a surprise trip to baltimore. the weather was perfect, we got to see his favorite team, the orioles, play a game of ball, and we went out to dinner where i got to indulge in lots of delicious seafood. we were totally impressed with baltimore and can't wait to go back. a simple and easy getaway in the summer is always a wonderful thing.
***
i have moved to brooklyn! the move happened over the past week, but the big stuff happened on friday. i hate moving, with a passion. and while i know everyone does, i mentally and emotionally am very bad at handling it. i can handle a lot of things. not moving. after an anxiety breakdown on friday i stepped away and let brian take over. it was a wise decision and i am grateful that he was happy to do. we still have some things to get done, but each day it looks a little better.
***
i saw nannerburns and molly and tina this weekend! and met zan! i don't have any photographic proof but trust me - it was a delight.
***
i hope you all are having wonderful summers! i've tried to visit your blogs as much as possible, but this past week was pretty hectic. let me know of any fun adventures in the comments, and see you in July!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this update! Thank you for letting me know you were still alive! :) I bet you are sooo glad to have that move done and out of the way. I hate moving too, all of my things being jostled around stresses me out. Also, so funny that we were in Baltimore on the same day. Obviously you were preoccupied with other things (it was Brian's day, DUH) but I couldn't help but be sad that we didn't get to see each other! one day! Glad you had fun - I love that city too! If you ever go back you should definitely go to the aquarium. Totally worth it.

    Good luck with all you have going on right now! Look forward to hearing more from you in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This update is perfect. PERFECT. And congrats on your move! I can't wait to see some glimpses of it sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I'm so glad you checked in! I was getting a little worried :) But I totally get it, I HATE moving, just thinking about it makes me stressed. Go you for stepping away when it got to be too much. Sounds like you're having a blast anyways and it's wonderful to hear about all your adventures. Keep it up lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had wondered where you disappeared to! Now I know! Sounds like a crazy ass month! I can totally relate to your moving woes. I'm having a little anxiety breakdown about it myself but it's just one of those necessary evils. And the biggest news of all: YOU GOT A VEIL! EEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy few weeks! You definitely deserve a break. Moving is the worst...but now we're (sort of) neighbors! I hope you are enjoying Brooklyn and we can run in to each other sometime soon. What neighborhood are you in?

    Happy Birthday to Brian and congrats on his test passing! Baltimore sounds like fun. I'll have to take a trip down sometime because I do love some good seafood too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome month you've had! Glad to see you're enjoying summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...