Monday, July 1, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

i'm back! did you miss me? i missed you. i'm glad june is done - brian passed his test, i moved, our apartment is looking more and more put together everyday. all good stuff. the only thing weighing on us now is wedding planning. the best of times, and the worst of times i tell you. everything will get done though, right? (tell me yes, please).
this weekend was a more tourist-y one for brian and i, as his parents came up for a visit. we went on a twilight cruise (recommended by tina) that was awesome. with the threat of rain most of the time it created some heavenly views of the skyline, along with a once-in-a-lifetime sighting of a rainbow over the world trade center. it was truly something else, and we loved it and recommend it too, tourist or not. we followed this with a mets game, dinner in brooklyn, and a true nyc breakfast at a local diner the next day. it was nice to show off the city to them, and it was nice for the city to cooperate weather-wise (mostly). so here we are - headed into a short week and a trip to viriginia. wedding to-dos and bbqs await us at home - we (mostly) can't wait.


12 comments:

  1. Good to have you back Colleen! I totally sympathise with the craziness of life at the moment. And I am so jealous of your twilight cruise – it is just another thing we didn’t get to do when we were there (and we went flat out for 4 days)! I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that I can make it to NY again one day to right the wrongs! Beautiful pictures – that skyline is insane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine - I hope your move to Australia is going well!

      Delete
  2. I'm SO GLAD you're back! I've been missing yoooou on here! But that sounds like the most fun weekend of playing tourist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT PHOTOGRAPHS!

    And I LOVE playing tourist, as you know. Makes life more exciting, don't you think? Glad you had a good weekend!

    Also, have you ever been on the Circle Line cruise? Because I did that one once and it was RULLY RULLLY GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! You've been missed! I love that photo you caught of the rainbow by the trade center. Right place, right time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "wedding planning. the best of times, and the worst of times." - TRUE STORY.

    I would love to do a twilight cruise! What a fantastic view of the city! The view of you and Brian ain't bad either ;)

    Have fun in VA for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man - SUCH a true story. and thank you for the sweet comment :)

      Delete
  6. That rainbow shot is priceless. :)

    I have never wedding planned, but I believe you. You have to make so many people happy.

    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those clouds are incredible! I'll have to consider that whole cruise thing next time my folks are in town.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...