Monday, July 29, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend brought us a little impromptu trip - back to saratoga! when brian's friends asked us what we wanted to do while we up there the answer was simple: pizza from mama mia's, breakfast sandwiches from the spring street deli, stewart's ice cream and breakfast pizza (for her) and breakfast calzone (for him). i hope that gives you some insight into the type of people we are. we spent the day at the horsetrack in the most perfect weather, made some new friends, and checked out all the new places that opened since brian has been gone. it's always shocking to see how places move forward with such ease after you leave - don't they realize you've left haha?!?! circle of life people. or restaurant row. whichever. hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying the fact that we are just knee-deep in summer - it is the best.

10 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG. As soon as you said, breakfast pizza for you and a calzone for him, I thought Leslie Knope and Ben!

    I love it when she's all like, "Calzones are pointless. They're just pizza that's harder to eat. NO ONE LIKES THEM!". LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - YES. when his love of calzone came up on the how I have Brian major sideye - boy loves his calzones and strombolis. People often say I'm Leslie knope and it's just like one more eerie coincidence.

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to go up to Saratoga and go to the race tracks and now you've got me dying to get up there to eat some breakfast pizza. Gurl. You're killin' me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meal planning is serious business while travelling! I recently heard the term "gastro-tourism" and it made me laugh, but it is so true. Figure out the food and everything else will fall into place!

    I have to learn more about this breakfast pizza thing. Sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that I love that your weekend revolved around food?! Caleb always makes fun of me (and my entire family) for revolving our visits, weekends, special days, basically everything, around FOOD. I mean is there even another way to do it?! Your weekend (+ all the food in it!) sounds delightful. You + Brian are the cutest! I love you guys together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food glorious food! And you have introduced me to something else I didn't know existed - breakfast pizza. Always a school day here on Ordinary Tales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. All of it. Oh and you two are THE cutest couple!! Your wedding pics are going to be ridiculous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whenever we go back somewhere that we love, it's always all about the food! It's the only way to travel. Looks like a fun little trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. where is that fab necklace from?! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun weekend! all that food sounded amaaazing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...