Monday, July 8, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

and we're back. we went down to virginia for the fourth of july like we do every year, and, as usual, it was a great and relaxing time. it's always just a simple trip home, but i look forward to it so much every year. we go to a vineyard or two, eat at some favorite restaurants, hang by the pool, grill out, make s'mores, drink coffee on the deck. for a couple of new yorkers, we basically live like kings. a good friend from college just moved down to virginia and from the looks of her apartment i'm pretty sure she's a millionaire. she assured me she's not and i just need to get out of the city more. fair point. (but she has a washing machine and dryer you guys!!!)
we also did a good amount of stuff for our wedding - met with the priest, visited the florist and, biggest of all, did a walk through of our reception site. when searching for a reception site we really wanted something that showed off virginia, particularly charlottesville - it's an absolutely beautiful place and we wanted our guests to leave thinking the same. but the vineyards booked up quickly (and were lots more expensive) and other reception sites were way off in the country - when we finally remembered an old club in town that was an option for us, it was like we smacked our heads and said "duh!" it looked beautiful in pictures, we trusted my parents when they said it was a great spot, and it has an old and storied virginia history. so seeing it in person for the first time? i almost peed myself. and brian said it was amazing and kept taking pictures of everything. and it has a great view of the mountains. all-around, a big win. after that little peek (i included some sneak peeks for you below!), we felt so excited and so happy - it was a great feeling to take away from the weekend and as we get closer to the wedding. addtionally, as we get closer to the wedding i'll be sharing more and more with you. i didn't want this to become a wedding blog but, to be honest, a lot of ya'll have asked about it and are interested! and since it's always on my mind...it makes it a pretty easy thing to blog about. so fear not! wedding details and stories will become a regular thing once we're a couple of months out. and with that, i wish you a happy monday!

10 comments:

  1. The way you described your venue... AMAZING. I can't wait to see more of it.

    Sounds like a perfect weekend-- glad you had such a nice time and got so much done! I haven't ever really been to VA (well, I have, but just the bit around DC), but it sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know - i can't wait to show it off more! there is a room that is literally made for wedding pictures, haha. i bet you would love virginia, in some ways it reminds me of upstate ny (in the summer, at least).

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely weekend!! I just love Virginia. There are so many things about it that make me swoon. And you're getting married in Charlottesville?! What a dream! I am actually headed there this weekend for an anniversary getaway with Michael (3 years... craziness) and I can't wait! What is your favorite vineyard? I'd love to know because that's something I really want to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. virginia is the best! i hope you guys have a blast there - we aspire to make it to the three year mark lol. way to go!

      Delete
  3. So many exciting things in one weekend! I'm so so happy for you that you got so much done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you fellow bride! getting a lot done was a big stress reliever :)

      Delete
  4. The venue looks incredible! I couldn't possibly think of a better place for a wedding than VA - nothing but gorgeous nature and really what more could you want?? I am so excited that you'll be over here more often! Both because it's gorgeous here and because I think that means I'll get to finally meet you one of these times! So happy to hear your enjoy the wedding planning process! Cherish it! It's such a special time! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - we feel very lucky we're both from there, because virginia is a special and meaningful place to both of us. we love it. and yes i owe you an email!

      Delete
  5. I could picture your weekend perfectly in my head... sounds magical! I know you don't want to turn your blog into weddingville but I think you would be hard pressed to find any of us who mind! I want to hear ALL about it! Is it weird that I am ridiculously excited for you and we have never met?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness this looks like the perfect weekend! I was insanely jealous of your pool pic on instagram... we have had unbelievable rain here lately and I am deprived of my pool time.

    And your wedding venue - oh. my. gosh. The two teeny, tiny sneak peeks you gave us! And I can only imagine how beautiful it is in person and seeing the whole place! I'm so glad you and Brian love it. It's exciting to see pieces of your big day coming together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...