Tuesday, August 6, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this past weekend was a fun but uneventful one. we went shopping for our wedding bands, always an exciting task, but much more importantly, netflix posted the first half of season 5 of breaking bad, just enough time to watch it before the second half of season 5 starts this coming weekend. sorry wedding bands, but you are not as exciting as that. breaking bad is, hands down, the best show to ever be on television. i say that as a mad men fan, a lost fan, a diehard office fan (though, to be fair, comedies and dramas can't really be compared). there will be times where you will have to fight through nausea/close your eyes during especially gory scenes. but the writing, the acting, the storylines, the character arcs, aaron paul's pretty blue eyes - trust me people, it's all worth it. if you don't watch breaking bad and have netflix, i strongly, strongly recommend you rectify the situation. and then - AND THEN - we went to brighton beach on sunday. one of my favorite things about living in nyc, and perhaps the case can be made for most east coast cities, is how accessible the beach is to us. brighton is the easiest beach for us to get to - around 45 minutes on the subway - and so far it's my favorite. cleaner than the others, a bit quieter, and of course the russian culture makes it quite interesting (brighton beach is heavily populated by russian immigrants). naturally, we had a beer at tatiana grill when we needed a break from the sun...which is next to tatiana restaurant, and tatiana porch and tatiana bistro. they're pretty into the name tatiana you might say. it was a great way to spend the first weekend of august, and i've already made brian promise me we'd head back there on labor day. hope you all had great weekends and are making the most of the last month of summer!

4 comments:

  1. Breaking Baddddddd zomg love it. And now you've got me craving a mimosa. Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty rad weekend if I do say so myself. Breaking Bad IS amazing, and I'll have to catch up to season 5 now! (I have to admit some of the episodes in earlier seasons were pretty hard to watch and I stopped watching for a while) But yes, the story is SO well written and challenges you to think what you would do in his situation as he digs deeper and deeper into the drug industry... it's just so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys are so organised! It took us 3 years to get our crap together and get married after getting engaged, and even then we only got our wedding bands 3 weeks before we got married! I'm so jealous of the fact that you get to hop on a subway and be at the beach - it looks like a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have juuuust convinced me to give Breaking Bad a try, not that I haven't heard only the most amazing things but I'm not a big fan of violence but in the right context I'll suffer through it :). Also, ahhh Brighton Beach! So jealous you got to go there! And I'm glad you got to visit all my businesses ;) It's interesting to see it spelled exactly how I spell it because I've seen other variations too (Tatyana, etc). You guys are such cuties! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...