Tuesday, August 27, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this past weekend we celebrated my birthday - as you can see, lots of sweets were involved. my last birthday before the big 3-0. whew. but i think my last year in my 20's will be a good one. i mean, look at all the donuts i started it with! how could it not be, ya know? since it was my birthday weekend i got to do many of my favorite things - and yes, as brian has discovered, i've decided to just declare the whole week my birthday week. it doesn't really change much, it's just when i decide not to do a load of laundry i justify it with being my birthday week instead of being tired. see, not so much of a change. but this weekend brought lots of good food, and relaxing, and having friends over for brunch - which involved lots of champagne and cake and donuts and it was good. i hope you all had wonderful weekends as well - the august weather has really been tops here in nyc, so i hope it's the same where you are. and please, by all means, enjoy my birthday week - the laundry can wait.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like the most delightful birthday weekend to me. I mean, you can never go wrong with delicious doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww!! sound perfect!! happy happy birthday my dear! may this year bring all the most wonderful things! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Colleen! I approve of the concept of a weeklong celebration. I hope the rest of the week is wonderful, and includes more doughnuts and some hotdogs, too;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Colleen!!!!! Those donuts look like an excellent way to celebrate. And why NOT have a birthday week? I might join you in that "the laundry can wait" philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAAAAAAVORITE.

    I think I'm going to do donuts for my birthday this year too. Because, well, DONUTS.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those doughnuts look amazing! Happy birthday Colleen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday (a weekish late) Colleen!! I hope you enjoyed your birthday week (and long weekend - woohoo!). I love the donuts - I'm a firm believer in birthday donuts. I hope this year is your best yet! A few months and you will be a married lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...