Tuesday, September 3, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

labor day weekend is easily one of my favorites in new york city. while the city is quieter, and emptier, and slower throughout the summer as people leave on the weekend for the beaches and what not, it's really empty on labor day weekend. and i love it. fewer people, shorter waits, less crowded subway platforms. give me it all. take one or two million people out of this city and it would really be something, ya know? so today marks the end of summer, the beginning of fall, and those few million people back in my life. to prepare for that we put basil (and mint!) in our gimlets and watermelon in our beer, enjoyed a steak dinner at home, took a couple of naps, hung a couple of pictures, and explored our neighborhood a little bit. all of these were helpful coping mechanisms. and besides - our wedding is this fall (!!!). it can't be all that bad, right?

10 comments:

  1. Labor Day weekend always makes summer feel like it's come full circle. I love it. And I love these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! gotta break in that new camera :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a little sad that summer is over but I am so ready for cool, fall air and pumpkin muffins! AND you're getting married this fall! Woohoo lady you've got a lot to look forward to this season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! we just sent out invitations today - it's all becoming so real!

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sounds amaaaazing. What a great way to bring in fall. I had a wedding this weekend so ours wasn't quite as relaxing, but Monday was great! Love the photos too. That meat and bread is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i'm learning bread is a vice of mine. but with some good butter or olive oil...so simple, so delicious.

      Delete
  4. Sounds lovely! I love an empty city. We've been putting off visiting the zoo until the tourists leave :). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the zoo! so many wonderful memories i have there as a child. (assuming you mean the national zoo).

      Delete
  5. I agree, I love staying in the city when so many other people leave. It's a great time to go out to eat! You wedding is going to be here SO SOON! This fall is one you will always remember.

    (Also, your chairs! I'm assuming that's the table in your apartment, and I'm loving those chairs!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...