Tuesday, September 10, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend the beginnings of the fall season were in full swing. i'm not going to lie - fall probably has the best mix of weather of any season, but it's still got nothing on the attitude of summer, ya know? i'm a fan...but it doesn't mean i'm not looking forward to the slower pace the holiday season brings. we spent the wonderful saturday given to us enjoying brooklyn - we went on a gin distillery tour, which for a gin gimlet lover like me, was pretty much like heaven. we showed up before the crowds and had a little private tour where we asked many questions and took lots of pictures. after some music and more gimlets we headed out to dinner and then, oh and then, a party in brooklyn. it was quite quintessential - a big backyard party complete with hipsters and rompers as far as the eye could see. naturally, there were also a few people free style rapping because this still is brooklyn after all, no matter how much artisanal cheese we make. i'm fairly certain if i had rolled my eyes any harder at all the characters around me they would have fallen out of my head. however, it was not all for naught, as we made a new friend and who will say no to a new friend? sunday we recuperated with a very hearty brunch at a neighborhood spot we hadn't been to in a long time and it was so flippin' delicious. i love going back to re-discover places and remembering why you frequented them so much before - i expect we'll return there much more in the coming months. and that takes us to today - i'm headed out of town for work and get back late thursday night, right before my first dress fitting on friday. once this week at work is over i really feel like the countdown is on to the wedding, particularly after finishing two big work projects last week. but first! my bachelorette party, right? ;)
 

6 comments:

  1. AHHH everything is happening SO SOON! YAY! Also where are those sunnies from? They're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! it's kind of crazy - they are from nordstrom. always number one in my heart.

      Delete
  2. You fashionista, you. Loved your outfit and shades.

    I am laughing at you rolling your eyes at the party in Brooklyn. I'd be doing the same. I also want to go to a gin distillery!! How do I fit 1 million things into one weekend when I come up to NYC??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too funny - when we were there I was like - oh Laura should add this to her list!

      Delete
  3. so many amazing pictures. That top is so adorable. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! This was great, all of it! Also, you look great! Your hair is phenomenal (thumbs up emoji :) ) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...