Tuesday, October 8, 2013

on my {epic} weekend in pictures.

this past weekend was one of my all-time favorites because it was, finally, my bachelorette weekend. some girls plan their wedding for years, i planned my bachelorette party. this also means this post is filled with an inane amount of pictures starring yours truly - but i had so much fun i can't help myself (and they're all iphone quality - yay!)
for the big weekend my friends and i went to miami - oh miami. before i went to miami i thought it would be like vegas - a big party town, a lot of annoying people, and maybe a great restaurant here and there. and then i went a few years ago and damn - mind. blown. miami is easily one of my favorite places in the world - the people, especially those in the service industry, are incredibly kind and helpful, the weather is amazing, the vibe is laid-back and very "you can have whatever you like" - if you want to go to a club or a pool dance party, it's there for you, if you want to lay on the beach and have an amazing cocktail to end the day before going to bed, also an option - the history as seen through art deco architecture and told from those schooled in the stories of the rat pack is romantic and wonderful and gives the city a unique and cool-as-hell vibe. can you tell i love miami? i had to go for a wedding one year, or otherwise i never would have made it. and i'm so glad i did. so don't knock it before you try it - it's a magical, wonderful place, and if you have the time, definitely take a trip down south to see what i mean.
most of my friends were able to make it, which meant the world to me, and our time there was perfection, we really couldn't have asked for more. our hotel (the gale) was beautiful and the people who worked there were wonderful, especially when they heard we were there for a special occasion. the lobby bar made the best espresso martini in the world, the weather was perfect, the pool was crystal clear, the ocean was the perfect temperature, dinner at the yardbird included amazing fried chicken, the martini bar at the raleigh was understated and laid back for our first quiet night there, the rec room was filled with beats to dance to when we partied our second night, and the stars were shining when we visited the beach at 4 in the morning so we could see the ocean one last time. the whole weekend i kept pinching myself - surrounded by my best friends from all my walks of life as we relaxed, enjoyed a mimosa here and there, and soaked up the good weather before winter rears it's ugly head. for a girl who's been planning her bachelorette party since a young age, it was more than i could have hoped for.
i can't wait for november, i can't wait to marry brian, and i can't wait to do it with such loyal and outstanding friends by my side. one month, and one day left - here we go.

10 comments:

  1. I'm grape jelly of your bach party. Looks like SUCH a blast and I've been DYING to get down to Miami. I wanna party with yoooooou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must i tell you, you must! simply the best.

      Delete
  2. Looks like my kinda Bachelorette Party!
    Xo
    Keeping it thrifty

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so happy for you friend. Looks like you had an incredible time!! Do you feel a little sad that your big weekend is over?

    Also, really loved that dress you wore while going out. Looks great on you, and your hair was looking amazing! You will be one gorgeous bride!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh - thank you laura! if i look anything close to you in your wedding pictures, i'll be happy :)

      i am sad BUT...we had such a good time and then realized - hey, we kind of get to do this in a month! so super exciting. we also were like - why don't we do this more often, weekends away in a fun locale once a year? i'm one of the last friends to get married in many of my different groups of friends, so i'm hoping we'll be able to have girl (or friend!) weekends going. it was just so damn fun.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a blast! I'm going to keep Miami in mind for February/March when I start searching for flights anywhere to get me out of NYC because it is so disgusting and cold. It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh definitely! such a nice escape in the winter.

      Delete
  5. Awesome. Seriously looks like the best time ever and you look so damn happy (duh) and stunning. I LOVE that black dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lady!! mourning the single life ;)

      Delete
  6. Lots of cute pictures! That sounds like a perfect bachelorette weekend. And now the wedding is almost here!

    Joe and I have been talking about trying to visit Miami, and you've done a lot to push me towards making it happen. It does sound like such a fun place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...