Monday, December 16, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

well, we don't have too many pictures from this weekend. but that doesn't mean it wasn't an epic weekend! in fact, it may have been the epic weekend heard across the world because yes - beyonce dropped a full album, along with seventeen music videos friday morning. like no big deal, ain't no thing. it was a bold move to say the least. i have mostly picked out my favorite songs, but i have ALSO recently been scolded by my husband for playing them too often and too loud. looks like we're going to have upgrade from this one bedroom box we call a home. but the weekend wasn't just about beyonce and her numerous, and fabulous, costume changes, it was also about christmas: specifically christmas shopping and christmas parties. tina and i went out to new jersey, as we're wont to do, for both the favorable tax rates, enclosed shopping space, and chain restaurants like the cheesecake factory that provide us city girls with so much joy. it was a winter wonderland out there, and we got some shopping crossed off our list and missed our train a few times due to taxicabs that never came to pick us up at the mall. nothing a "little" piece of cake couldn't fix. we managed to make it back into the city to glam up and head to a christmas party in manhattan where, due to beyonce's overwhelming influence on the weekend, we made sure to be extra fabulous (we are also wont to do this). sunday was spent recovering with a homemade pancake breakfast, christmas cookie making, target runs and a large pizza, pepperoni please. a solid weekend as we head into the real countdown to christmas, which is technically next week! crazy how time flies. hope you're all enjoying the season!

8 comments:

  1. Craig came into the kitchen on Sunday whilst I was blasting Bey and he TRIED to make fun of her lyrics so I told him he couldn't have the leftover cookie dough and he had to leave. MEN. Also: DAT TREE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - next time i'm definitely threatening him with taking away cookie dough. we'd be listening to bey for the next year lol!

      Delete
  2. Your weekend sounds about as Christmasy as mine! Although I didn't go Christmas shopping in that craziness - I've been shopping online mostly this year and I'm liking that route!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did some online, too, but sometimes i just miss the burbs! i want the cheesecake factory ya know.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend MINUS your new husband's poor taste in music.

    I'd never considered shopping in New Jersey before! Sounds like a fun outing. I love the city and all, but sometimes I like to relive the mall days of my youth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA yes. we always fun when we go out - quick train ride to short hills, it's a pretty town, the train station has a nice bar. it's good for christmas shopping for sure!

      Delete
  4. I'm mostly an indie rock girl, so I have to admit I don't own any Beyoncé. I still think it's so bad ass that she dropped that album all top secret like that! And I'm totally with you on the suburban mall visit- sometimes you just have to embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe just own a few songs haha ;) brian has more your taste though mine is more eclectic than his - all in all we cover it for sure! so glad you feel me on the mall, sometimes it's just nice to soak up suburbia.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...