Tuesday, January 28, 2014

on thailand {part 1}.

finally! a summary of our trip to thailand. though there isn't as much to say, since we went to relax and chill rather than see everything in sight, i hope this pictures give you some insight into a beautiful country that we promptly fell in love with. we only had a few days in bangkok and made the most of it - we loved the cultural sites we took in (grand palace, wat pho, wat arun are all highly recommended), we loved the street food we had (our favorite places are stalls around the grand palace, in chinatown on yaowarat road, and a road next to the shangri-la hotel called charoen krung 46, which included a place called jack's bar right on the river with dollar beers a tin-roof and the hidden away quality ever tourist hopes to find). we went to the saturday market, it was ok. you'll see some of that tomorrow. but we mainly enjoyed ourselves in the big mango. thailand is an amazing country, i hope to go back one day (and talk about it constantly). until then, i'll enjoy these photos - more to come on bangkok tomorrow...
this is what happens when you make all the reservations and your husband doesn't.
the view from our room...
i am only including this picture because - my skin! bangkok's humidity was amazing for my skin.
the beginning of our grand palace tour - the scope and breadth of detail is hard to capture. suffice to say we were impressed and awed at every turn.
you know you're a tourist when you're taking pictures of the trash can.
restoring all the beautiful columns, by hand.
and then the leaning buddha! this is at wat pho - no picture can capture the whole buddha and just how formidable it is. truly amazing.
***
more to come tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. This is crazy beautiful. I've been dying to go to Thailand and now you're only making that need greater! Beyond jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible!! So glad you shared these with us! My in-laws went a few years ago and it's definitely a place I'm dying to visit. Looks like you guys got to see quite a bit! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - we were able to spend ten days there it was great. definitely put it on the bucket list, such an amazing country!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh so amazing! What an incredible place. THE VIEW FROM YOUR ROOM. Just beautiful! Also, Brian looks so handsome in that first picture. Glad you guys had such a great time, Mr. and Mrs. Mackey! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I think he does too haha. luckily he made the reservation at the next hotel we went to (even though I'm not taking his name were still on our honeymoon ya know!), but I very much enjoyed calling him Mr. Mackey lol.

      Delete
  4. I love these pictures!! That view from your room - WOW! Beautiful. You are also doing a great job taking pictures with your (relatively) new camera! I love the one of the candles and also the door. I didn't spend much time in Bangkok when we were in Thailand so I love seeing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all Brian! master photographer that one. I'd love to ear more about your Asian travels!

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous! I'm glad you and Mr. Mackey had a great time :) Thailand has never even really been on my radar, but now you make me want to visit! I can't wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...