Wednesday, January 29, 2014

on thailand {part 2}.

some more shots of bangkok - mainly of food, sights, and smells. i guess not really smells, but you know what i mean. below is more of little things we saw, delicious food we ate, and the sights that dazzled us in bangkok, particularly snapshots from the saturday market. and tomorrow...we go down south to a tiny little island of paradise. can't wait to share it!
 
 this lunch cost about $2 and when we tried to leave a tip for them they freaked out, refused, and made us buy a pepsi instead. it was delicious.
 taking boats everywhere > taking subways everywhere
 bangkok at night from the top of the shy bar - incredibly touristy, incredibly worth the views.
 the best coozies but we found no place selling them! would have been the best souvenir.
 
 the bangkok version of a to-go cup.
 i think thai qualifies as the prettiest written language, don't you?
 
 an interesting part of bangkok vs. new york culture were the stray dogs everywhere. while obviously the hotter climate allows for it, they were literally everywhere, very calm, never bothered you, and taken care of by all the street vendors and shops and the like. it was so different from new york - if a stray dog is seen it is caught by animal control and most likely destroyed, in addition to the fact that they are much more aggressive, most likely due to hunger as no one takes care of random animals. i understand climate differences and cultural difference (new york has very little vendors and shops actually in the street) could make it impossible to establish an attitude like that here, but it was so different and so refreshing. there must be a better way.
a last morning view of bangkok - such an amazing city.

9 comments:

  1. OMG all that food. Thank GOD it's lunchtime or I'd be real cranky looking at all that deliciousness. Freal. I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. again, beautiful pictures! I love all of the details and the shots of the street food. My favorite thing about Asian countries = street food. SO cheap and SO good! I can't wait to see pictures of the island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I know I think Asia is absolutely one of the best places to vacation - ice you get there it's super affordable, the food is amazing, the service is amazing, the sights are amazing, the culture is so different and makes you learn so much....I could keep going! if only it weren't so far away...

      Delete
  3. I love your to-go "cup".

    When we went to PR last year, I had a hard time getting used to seeing so many stray dogs. I wanted to take each and every one of them home! But it's funny. Even though they're strays, they really are pretty well-fed and they know how to take care of themselves.

    Your Thailand travels are making my incredibly jealous. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that - the dogs were all so calm and taken care of though it's almost like they weren't strays. I think the street culture is a large driving force behind that. can't wait to show pictures of the south part of Thailand - it was truly stunning. beautiful enough to make you cry!

      Delete
  4. THESE PHOTOS! Never been to Asia, but every since your instas I've put it on my life list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much good food! And dogs! I think I would also love taking boats everywhere. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally have a quiet day at home today, and am spending it doing thing like catching up on my blog reading :) Bangkok looks absolutely amazing! So beautiful and historic, and way different from our country. What a fun adventure! And the food- I want to eat it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...