Monday, February 10, 2014

on my weekend in pictures.

this past weekend was a full and happy one. friday we went over to hoboken (no jokin') to have dinner with our friends. they are great cooks, and they happened to make delicious tex-mex - i love when i get to eat wonderful food outside of my own cooking comfort zone. naturally, we stayed much later than intended, drank more wine than intended, and discovered the cab ride, or uber ride, from hoboken to brooklyn is actually much shorter than one may think. definitely a positive. saturday brought the usual - gym, farmer's market, errands - but it also brought an afternoon at the theater, where we say king lear. we live close by to the brooklyn academy of music, and last year we hardly went at all. we are doing our best to rectify it this year - it's not every day you live next to a performance space like this, so we need to take advantage of it while we can. the play was great, although with shakespeare it's a little harder to follow. i definitely enjoy the tragedies more so than the comedies, and this one has it all - treachery, eye gouging, poisoning, suicide, stabbing, hanging. it is not for the faint of heart, king lear. and sunday, well, sunday brought what every sunday should: donuts (from dough, the best in the city, no other way around it). it was a very full weekend where we tried to take advantage of what is around us, a way to appreciate the here and now. and i'm looking forward to doing it all again next weekend, of course. 

5 comments:

  1. I saw King Lear in high school, and I feel like I was a little too young to get what was happening. Shakespeare is still hard to follow as an adult, so I definitely wasn't getting it as a kid. And those doughnuts are making me drool. Gimme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone liked Romeo and Juliet. I liked King Lear. With the eye gouging and the poisoning and the death. Not sure what that says about me. Doughnuts for breakfast? Man I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nice and social weekends like that. Way to take advantage of the fun opportunities around you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tex-mex is always a good option. so are doughnuts. sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DOUGH! Some of my favorites! Have you ever been to BAMcafe? They have free live music on Friday and Saturday nights. I've only been once or twice but it was always really fun. I'm determined to go back and take advantage of BAM more often as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...