Monday, April 28, 2014

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend brian and i went to my old hometown outside of d.c. to meet up with his family. my parents moved to charlottesville my junior year of college and i don't get many opportunities to go back to my real hometown, so i had a lot of fun being back in a place that i called home for the majority of my life. while it's grown and changed in some ways, it's the same town i remember. i was able to show brian my elementary school, old parks, my favorite houses in town, and stop in at the most amazing tiny french bakery that makes the best cinnamon buns, among other pastries. there are gems to be found everywhere! we also went to our first national games, and had dinner at an amazing restaurant that is definitely a new addition to my hometown. every time brian and i take trips we are reminded of how many amazing places there are to live in this country - from food to culture to people to sports - we've fallen in love with so many places. it's a nice reminder particularly with the lure of new york and all it has to offer - while nothing will match nyc, and as brian said - nyc is an awesome place to live, not necessarily a nice place to live - there's a lot out there that offers so much. so keep it up america, we love you (especially you, virginia).

4 comments:

  1. I love it! So glad you got to visit a place with so many memories! I LOVE stuff like that and I love that you do, too.

    Also, that tree is such a dream. A real gem is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! our oak tree always impressed me but I saw it everyday so you know, whatever. whenever I go back I am always in awe of it. i truly wonder how old it is, it's magnificent.

      Delete
  2. So glad you got to head back and enjoy a nice weekend :) And that cinnamon bun looked REAL good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! that bakery opened when i was in second grade and it's so, so amazing. their cinnamon buns are legendary!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...