Friday, May 30, 2014

on our wedding {3}.

and now for what i call...the prettiest pictures of all. while these aren't necessarily my favorite favorite pictures (some of them are, of course), they are the most beautiful pictures. (also, virginia and the fall season, thank you. forever. love, colleen). these are the pictures we took in between the ceremony and the reception when we stood in front of pretty trees, and the light was just right, and all those things. these, my friends, are what we call the money shots. some notes...
1) we had a lot of fun with our photographer. she made us kiss, A LOT, so try and see what photos you think we're laughing in. we started taking photos on a property across the way from our venue, and i got nervous that someone would tell us to leave. she paused, looked at me, and said "look at what you're wearing. no one's going to tell you to do anything." LOL.
2) i have so, so many favorites in these. but i will say - the one where we are standing, looking at the camera, my dress is all in the picture, the footbridge is behind us, the light is perfect, i just love. alternatively, the photo where brian is fixing my dress behind right before getting this shot i also love because - you better work boy! the ones where we are in front of a tree, on the ground, about to kiss, with the sunbeam breaking through, i adore. and lastly, the ones where we are on the marble floor, my dress all out like - BOOM - i freaking love. the glamour, the dress, the whole thing, just love love love. it is so me.
3) our bridal party looks stunning in these shots (i wish i could show you more but reference the first post). my favorite picture of brian is the one where is laughing with his groomsmen behind him - it is currently residing on my nightstand :) and the picture of all of us, with the beautiful virginia trees showcasing their colors, i've been told looks like an ad for the good life. everyone looks stunning, and for such a big bridal party, out photographer captured an amazing group this way. the good life indeed.
4) my roses. so, i have known i wanted red roses for awhile. before we met with a florist, though, i looked at some pictures and decided that normal red roses don't look good (to me) in photos - they're a little too bright, a little too garish. our florist said, no problem, let's use black magic roses. black magic roses are a much deeper and darker red. and then i looked up brides carrying black magic roses and it looked...too dark, much too maroon. you could say - black, almost (hence the name!) (this was my quintessential bride moment, by the way, in case you didn't know). so i told my florist maybe add in some other roses that are in between those two to give it more depth? which was essentially me being like - i have no idea what to do, but i can see in my head what i want. i went back and forth on this a bit, while brian told me to just go with it since it's what i had wanted. and then you start to look at all the other bouquets out there filled with beautiful flowers and all sorts of things and i was like, well shit. and in general i couldn't really care about flowers - they're all pretty! - but this actually gave me some anxiety, which embarrassed me because it's just a bouquet. but that's the thing about your wedding - you make a lot of decisions and hope it will turn out how you want it turn out without really knowing how it will look and it gives you anxiety. and before you know it you're worried about different rose breeds and you feel like an awful person who needs a big dose of reality. SO, when the bouquet arrived the morning of our wedding i was pretty much floored because it was so beautiful, and perfect, and exactly what i envisioned but better. and i know some of it is the editing of the photographer here, but these roses are insanely beautiful below, so do my anxiety that used to be and agree with me. and that is the saga of the roses and now you know i can be shallow sometimes. and care a lot about roses.
4) there are multiple versions of the same shot below. i just couldn't pick. don't hate y'all.
*you better work*

9 comments:

  1. COLLEEN!!! You are stunning! THESE are stunning! I have never seen a more perfect couple ever. I'm dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) this was too sweet. our photographer was a magician, seriously!

      Delete
  2. Oh Colleen. I am speechless. I couldn't even choose a favourite from these if I tried. Each and every single one of them got better and better as I scrolled through. Hands down one of the prettiest (and happiest) brides I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thank you thank you! we were so lucky to have such a beautiful day!

      Delete
  3. These are so so beautiful! I agree, the Virginia foliage is such a perfect backdrop. And you both look so happy and in love. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lady! and yes, virginia is the best backdrop!

      Delete
  4. Aaaaaah I wish I could say all that I want to in one comment but that would be an INSANELY long comment... you are stunning, Brian is SO handsome, and best of all, you both are glowing with happiness. Seriously, there is sparkle in your eyes! These photos are just so beautiful! LOVE the marble floor photos, and the one of Brian kissing you on the cheek is probably my all time favorite. And who knew that bouquet took such an obscene amount of anxiety to make it come together just right? Lo and behold, it IS perfect. Your photographer did such an amazing job! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!!! she really did - we had so much fun taking these photos, we were so lucky so many things were going for us that day. this comment was so nice, thank you!

      Delete
  5. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! your dress, the leaves, the bridal party, the black + white floor - everything is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...