Monday, May 12, 2014

on my (last) weekend in pictures.

so a weekend ago (not this past weekend), brian was out of town for a bachelor party, which can only mean one thing: girl's night. i was able to have some ladies over - former coworkers, cousin, tina (p.s. who has a new blog here) - some knew each other, some didn't, and i really love the idea of new people bonding all over a mint julep. and bond we did! we talked about it all, we learned about the different walks of life everyone was taking, and we firmly decided women are totally awesome. since my oven was (and still is) on the fritz, i provided a few appetizers (as did some lovely guests), but we ordered in from my favorite italian restaurant. and, not gonna lie, it was a strong move. when you open up your home for party, particularly a dinner party, you want to be a wonderful host that provides delicious food and drink, but you also want to enjoy yourself. leading up to this day i thought i might roast something - a surefire way to have something delicious and not be in the kitchen all night - but once that possibility went out the window along with my stove, ordering in seemed like a good alternative. and frankly, after doing it, it will always seem like a good alternative. i was relaxed, having fun, still provided a nice night, and didn't have much to do in the kitchen. so, duly noted for next time, oven working or not, there's no shame in ordering up some pizza. dessert, however, i did take care of, which i'm excited to share with you later this week. and naturally it's an easy recipe - you don't even have to turn on your oven :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I always get a bit anxious about entertaining because I put too much pressure on myself to provide my guests with good food and drinks. Ordering in would definitely take a lot of the pressure off and allow you to enjoy your own party! So bravo to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! i usually like cooking too, but without the option to do so, it was nice to see that ordering in still makes it a great night :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! I love girls nights. Wish I did them more often. You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are the best! my cousin left and was like - why don't we do that all the time?! lol. and i honestly don't know! long live girls nights.

      Delete
  3. Your girls' night sounds so fun! We have a girls' night once a month with my small group from church and I love it. I always feel so refreshed afterward :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perfect way to describe it - refreshed indeed! love quality time with ladies.

      Delete
  4. Women are totally awesome. I'm glad you ladies had a fun (and relaxing) night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...